Monday 8 September 2014

I like you


Hello. If you read this post here you will know that I got a new set of watercolour paints. Well, here are my first attempts using my new paints. Now, I do love my Inktense pencils but I think they will be put aside in favour of these (for a little while anyway!). It feels like you are using 'real' paints. They are thick but still a lovely watery look. 

The card above is a Penny Black stamp called 'gossamer'. I did the background wash onto watercolour card and then stamped the image on the top once dry. I then stamped the image a second time, coloured using the paints, carefully trimmed around and attached to card using 3D foam pads.


This one features another Penny Black stamp called 'sunshine in the rain'. I kept some of the colouring on this one a little bit looser - I love the look that gives (and I think I pulled it off). 
Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with my Papertake Weekly Challenge design team card. 
 

13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your watercolours are lovely. . I like the flowers but your second card is my favourite one and I like pink!! Hugs mrs a.

Sarah said...

Great job Liz!! Perfect choice of stamps to experiment with too!! xx

Jules said...

Wow Liz!!!

Your painted cards look amazing!!!

Love them both.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Marianne said...

Fabulous colouring, Liz. I can tell you are enjoying your new watercolouring set. I also meant to tell you I bought a huge stash of crafting magazines in a recent sale at More Mags. It's so fun to see your creations pop up in many of these mags.

Debs said...

You definitely did 'pull it off' :o)
Gorgeous cards - love your colouring.
Debs xx

Craftychris said...

These are fabulous! Your watercolouring is brilliant! The set of paints looks awesome! It's in my wish list! Thank you for the info! xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Liz. Looking forward to seeing more cards made using your new paints. Karen x

Sue B said...

Ooh these are gorgeous Liz… your watercolours look very pretty… I love the little dew drops on the first card, and the fab cloud embossing and sentiments on the second one! ;-))
Hope you have a nice day
Big hugs
Sue xx

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning cards, Liz! Thanks for the info about the watercolours - I can buy the paints but sadly, I can't buy your talent, Jo x

Lorraine said...

Beautiful painting.
Lorraine x

Jacee said...

How beautiful Liz, two gorgeous cards, and your colouring is sensational, great work Liz, love 'um both!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

So beautiful, your watercolours look gorgeous! The second card is adorable, really made me smile - gorgeous colours too!
Rebecca.

gail said...

Gorgeous card, your water colours are fab. Gail xx